A hand wash sink is important because it helps prevent the spread of germs and bacteria that can cause serious illness. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) recommends washing your hands after using the bathroom, before eating food and after coughing or sneezing.
The CDC also states that “Handwashing with soap and water reduces illness-causing bacteria on the hands about 99%.”
The hand-washing sink can come in many forms. Some are only large enough for small children, while others are larger sized and designed to accommodate adults. It is important to have a hand wash sink installed in the kitchen or dining area of restaurant, cafeteria or food production facility.
A kitchen is a place where you spend most of your time. It is, therefore, important to have the best appliances and gadgets to make cooking easier and more enjoyable.
Here are some reasons why every kitchen needs a hand wash station:
A hand wash station is an important fixture in any restaurant. It ensures that all the staff members wash their hands after handling raw meat, poultry and seafood. There are different types of stations available in the market to choose from depending on the needs and budget of the restaurant. Installing a hand wash station is not a difficult task but it does require some time and effort.
This article will guide you through the process of installing a handwash station at your restaurant so that you can avoid any mistakes or problems that might arise during installation.
To install a hand wash station, the following steps should be taken:
1. Determine the location of the station in your restaurant. The best place to locate a hand wash station is near an exit or entrance of your restaurant so that all staff members can easily access it without any difficulty. It is also advisable to have sinks at both ends of the station to accommodate both staff members.
2. Providing a designated area for the hand wash station is the next step. This can be done by creating a designated space near the entrance or exit of your restaurant that can accommodate the sink, soap dispensers and drying rack.
3. The next step is to ensure you have adequate cleaning supplies such as soap dispensers, plastic cups , sponges and towels.
4. Ensure the hand wash station has sufficient lighting so that your staff members can easily see what they are doing and maintain a sanitary working environment for your restaurant.
5. Position soap dispensers near sinks so that the staff members do not have to walk too far to get their hands clean.
6. If you are going to install a drying towel, ensure that your staff members can easily access them and they are hanging in a way that is easy to grab.
7. Clean the hands-wash station on a regular basis and make sure all the soap dispensers are full of soap.
8. Rotate the towels so they are always dry and clean .
Hand wash sinks are a necessity in any commercial kitchen where employees need to wash their hands. These sinks are not only used to clean hands, but they can also be utilized for other tasks such as dumping and rinsing dishes.
This guide will take you through everything you need to know about hand wash sinks and their installation.